× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Out of Memory 36c readynas 6.60

anigan
Aspirant

Out of Memory 36c readynas 6.60

First, some history...

Since update 6.6.0 I have had sporadic issues with the volumes being locked to read only when the data balance and defrag are done.  I have ran into this problem before on older releases, and usually a reboot fixes it.  This time I happened to have a USB key attached to the front usb port and it didnt boot properly.  I removed the USB and it booted, so I figured end of that.

Now, for the problem.....

Few days later the system locked up.  I couldnt log in and the power button wouldnt respond or bring up the LCD, so I did a hard boot by unplugging the power brick.  Ever since it boots so far and ends up showing a 36c out of memory error.

Troubleshooting....

I did look around the forums and found this very helpful post https://community.netgear.com/t5/Using-your-ReadyNAS/RN104-immediately-quot-out-of-memory-390-quot-e...

After reading it I was able to boot fine into read only mode, but cannot proceed as I Have SSH disabled and cannot enable it on read only mode.  I'm pretty sure its a snapshot problem (my Data share has 36 snapshots with total share size at 4.2TB).  And again in read only mode I can't "properly" disable snapshots, as its read only.

So....

Wondering if someone can give me some idea on how best to proceed?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 9
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Out of Memory 36c readynas 6.60

Can you send in your logs (see the Sending Logs link in my sig)?

Message 2 of 9
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Do you still have this problem on 6.6.1?

Which apps do you have installed?

Message 3 of 9
anigan
Aspirant

Sorry about that, I didn't think I could install 6.6.1 while in read only mode.  I installed it last night and am still getting the memory error.  The only app I have is BitTorrent Sync installed.  After the update I am still able to boot into read only mode, but not into normal.

Message 4 of 9
FramerV
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi anigan,

Have you already sent the logs?

Regards,

Message 5 of 9
anigan
Aspirant

Hey FramerV,

I did indeed already send them.  I just sent them again (since the upgrade to 6.6.1) in case you didnt get them.

Thanks!

anigan

Message 6 of 9
FramerV
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi anigan,

Thank you, did you address it to mdgm? I will give him a heads up about it.

Regards,

Message 7 of 9
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

I need to check with some colleagues on this. Your system is crashing hard when OOMing without giving all the normal details we'd get when a system OOMs (i.e. what's using up all the memory).

Message 8 of 9
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

I have sent you a PM.

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements