× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RN202 streaming to SMART TV

Zyberchief
Aspirant

RN202 streaming to SMART TV

I'm wondering, if I'm trying to do something, that is not possible, or if there is an error in the system/setup.

I have just installed my ReadyNAS 202 with 2 harddrives and uploaded a few video files. Same way as I did with my old STORA drive, but I guess this ReadyNas has some more options to play with and should be stronger.

When I start my SmartTV (Samsung HT-E6500/XE) I can sometimes find the STORA box via AllShare, but never the ReadyNAS

I have installed the PLEX app on both the RN202 and the SmartHub, and via PLEX I can find and watch the videos; but I would really like to find it directly in the AllShare folder from the loading screen, which would also make it more easy to listne to music.

Since I get small glitches with PLEX, I guess it would also be better to stream it directly, no?

Is it possible to set it up, like I want with the AllShare function, or is PLEX the only way?

readynas_shares.png

Message 1 of 4
StephenB
Guru

Re: RN202 streaming to SMART TV

There is no Allshare (which is a specific dlna server) but you could try ReadyDLNA instead of plex.  It is also built-in.

Message 2 of 4
Zyberchief
Aspirant

The ReadyDNLA has been active all the time...

Message 3 of 4
StephenB
Guru

@Zyberchief wrote:

The ReadyDNLA has been active all the time...

Then you could try turning off plex, and see which one works better for you.

I can't think of a good reason to run both plex and ReadyDLNA.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements