× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Ready NAS 202 "Failed to upload file", Reason: Gone

Zyberchief
Aspirant

Ready NAS 202 "Failed to upload file", Reason: Gone

Hi there

I have just installed a new ReadyNas 202, bacause I have had too much trouble with my STORA, and wanted a little more sterdy setup... but I must be doing something wrong, because it isn't much better.

I have set up a synchronization backup of a specific folder on my harddrive, which works for some time when I start the computer, but after a while it starts throwing these kind of errors. I'm working on Win10, so it gives me a ring every time, and if I close the message, it just pops right back in my face. I checked the harddrive, and the file is still there, so what does "reason: Gone" mean?

error

Does any of you guys know a nicer way to handle the backup folders, than the plug'n play solution from Netgear? These are my concerns:

• I cannot backup a drive on my computer... only folders
  • When I have first set up the sync folder, then I can't figure out how to change the setup... what if I move my local folder, rename it or suddently want to backup a sub or parent folder instead?
  • I cannot get rid of the errors or resolve them
  • When clicking on the error message, I should be sent to the error folder, instead of root folder
  • If LAN fails, the windows app doens't recognize the device on the LAN when the network is up and running again
  • Neither does the browser app

System info:

• ReadyNAS 202
  • Firmware 6.4.1
  • 2x 2TB NAS harddisks from Seagate
  • Windows 10 PRO
  • ReadyCloud Client v. 1.8
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
BrianL2
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Ready NAS 202 "Failed to upload file", Reason: Gone

Hi Zyberchief,

Create a Windows TimeStamp backup job in your ReadyNAS and check this article on how to set your Windows drive as source path. Then select a local Share in your ReadyNAS as the backup destination.

Let me know if you have further question.

Kind regards,

BrianL
NETGEAR Community Team

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
BrianL2
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi Zyberchief,

Create a Windows TimeStamp backup job in your ReadyNAS and check this article on how to set your Windows drive as source path. Then select a local Share in your ReadyNAS as the backup destination.

Let me know if you have further question.

Kind regards,

BrianL
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 3
Zyberchief
Aspirant

That could be a way to do it, but for now I just go with the subfolder.

Much of the hasslte went away with the new update of Ready Cloud

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements