× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyDLNA only shows 1 directory

lundmilo
Luminary

ReadyDLNA only shows 1 directory

I used to have a ReadyNAS Duo V1, which started to drop off my network, and eventually I could no longer get it back online, so I decided to get a ReadyNAS 204 instead. I installed af new 2 TB WD RED disk and restored my backup from my USB drive. Then I added the 2 TB WD RED from my Duo, and everything is back up and running.

In the share called "Videos", I have put 2 2 folders "Film", and "Homevideo". From my Samsung TV i can connect to the ReadyNAS and see the "Homevideo" diretory, but not the "Film" directory.

Does anyone have any idea why this is happening. I used to work fine on my Duo V1.

Regards

Michael

Message 1 of 7

Accepted Solutions
BrianL2
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: ReadyDLNA only shows 1 directory

Hi lundmilo,

It is great to hear that the other folder/share is now visible in your TV. Ensure that the Auto-Scan feature under the ReadyDLNA tab is always set to "Enabled" so all the recently added media files will automatically be streamed via DLNA. 

Let me know if you have further questions.

Kind regards,

BrianL
NETGEAR Community Team

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 7

All Replies
BrianL2
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi lundmilo,

Which Firmware is running in your RN204 unit? You may want to disable/re-enable the ReadyDLNA service under the settings page and rescan the media contents from the share where it's being streamed. Lastly, ensure media type selected on the share is properly selected (All, Video, Audio and Images).

Hope this helps!

Kind regards,

BrianL
NETGEAR 

Message 2 of 7
lundmilo
Luminary

Thanks Brian

I am running firmware 6.3.2 becauwe i have read that some people have problems connecting to their  ReadyNAS after updating to 6.4.1

I tried disabling and reenabling ReadyDLNA and started a rescan before I went to work this morning and when I vame back from work both directories were visible from my TV.

Can I get the ReadyNAS to scan automatically when new filed are added.

Regards

Michael

Message 3 of 7
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello lundmilo,

This may have something to do with the network performance. If there is an option in the TV settings to for re-scanning media servers automatically for every hour or if and when you browse the shared media files. The option Auto Scan option in the admin page's ReadyDLNA is for re-scanning DLNA compliant devices.

If the NAS is connected to a switch directly and the TV is not connected to the same switch but connected to another switch or a router, then you might want to move the NAS (or the TV) to where the other is connected directly.

Regards,

Message 4 of 7
lundmilo
Luminary

Hello Jenn

I don't think there is an issue with network performance. I have the ReadyNAS connected directly to the router and the TV is connected to a switch, and the switch is connected to the router. All links are 100 MBit/s.

The only thing I have done is disabling and enabling the ReadyDLNA and the re-scan. I have not changed anything in the TV.

I guess I will have to see what happends next time I add files. If the files don't show up by I guess I will have to to disable/enable DLNA whenever something is added.

Regards

Michael

Message 5 of 7
StephenB
Guru

@lundmilo wrote:

If the files don't show up by I guess I will have to to disable/enable DLNA whenever something is added.

Or try the autoscan option Jenn mentions.

Message 6 of 7
BrianL2
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi lundmilo,

It is great to hear that the other folder/share is now visible in your TV. Ensure that the Auto-Scan feature under the ReadyDLNA tab is always set to "Enabled" so all the recently added media files will automatically be streamed via DLNA. 

Let me know if you have further questions.

Kind regards,

BrianL
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements