× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNAS 102 Maintenance

bobfa100
Aspirant

ReadyNAS 102 Maintenance

I'm a NAS newbie so please forgive if these are inappropiate questions.

I have a RN102 with two 4 Terabyte drives configured as RAID 1.  Currently running OS 6.4.0. (6.4.1 broke or slowed it down too much so I reverted).

The Admin page under Volumes shows 1.96 TB of snapshots.  As best I can tell, this is set to default values which I think are ten months.  My questions follow:

1) How do I change that value of the snapshots to a smaller value?

2) How do I get into the maintenance area on OS 6.4.0 to run balance, scurbbing etc. I need to free up some storage.

Thanks in advance

Message 1 of 4
StephenB
Guru

Re: ReadyNAS 102 Maintenance

The automatic snapshots are "thinned out" as they age, but the monthly ones are never deleted.  So you need to do that manually.

From the admin web ui, you can right-click on the share and select "recover".  That will show you a snapshot list (with dates).  You can select multiple snapshots and then delete them.

The volume maitenance schedule is found by clicking on the settings wheel next to the volume on the volumes page.

Message 2 of 4
bobfa100
Aspirant

Thanks for the guidence. 

However, when login to the Web UI, if I right-click on the Share tab, only to browser options are listed; recovery isn't listed.  Is there another route to get to the recover options?

Another clue is RAIDar 6.0 loads Admin System Overview page fine, but the buttons are grayed out.  If I click one anyhow, it throws the "Your NETGEAR Storage is not accessible , please check your networks setting."  Yet I can access the NAS via File Explorer on the PCs connected to the "WORKGROUP" and all are connected to the Homegroup as well. 

Any ideas why RAIDar isn't talking to the network?

Message 3 of 4
StephenB
Guru

@bobfa100 wrote:

Thanks for the guidence. 

However, when login to the Web UI, if I right-click on the Share tab, only to browser options are listed; recovery isn't listed. 

You don't right-click on the share tab.

You click on the share tab to see the share list.

From there the procedure depends on exactly what firmware you are running.  With 6.4.1, you mouse over the share, and you'll see a settings wheel on the right.  

What firmware are you running????  6.4.0 likely still requires that you right-click on the share icon (on the share list) and choose recover.

@bobfa100 wrote:

Another clue is RAIDar 6.0 loads Admin System Overview page fine, but the buttons are grayed out.  If I click one anyhow, it throws the "Your NETGEAR Storage is not accessible , please check your networks setting."  Yet I can access the NAS via File Explorer on the PCs connected to the "WORKGROUP" and all are connected to the Homegroup as well. 

Any ideas why RAIDar isn't talking to the network?

RAIDar is talking to the network.  When you click on the "admin" page it should simply launch your web browser.

Is it doing that?

If so, is the URL in the browser address bar https://nasipaddress/admin

Is that the same URL you use when you log into the NAS?

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements