× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNAS 212 - cannot access admin page and some of the shared folders

sve4keen
Aspirant

ReadyNAS 212 - cannot access admin page and some of the shared folders

Hi,

I've been experiencing this problem for a couple of days and just completely unable to figure out the cause of it. 

I use my ReadyNAS as a storage with 5 drives which I map as external network drives in Windows Explorer using my ReadyNAS credentials. A couple of days ago I found out that I couldn't access 2 of the external drives getting this pop-up window, when trying to access or remap them in WE:

2.PNG

I hadn't changed any passwords or accessibility settings prior to that. In fact, I hadn't entered the ReadyNAS system for quite a while.

Besides, I can't access my ReadyNAS admin page with the credentials I have. And my ReadyNAS Cloud doesn't see any connected devices in my local network, which is especially astonishing, because I still can access the other 3 shared folders through WE. This is all very upsetting and annoying.

And the RAIDAR application gives me this:

3.PNG

which indicates that the device is running okay.

To sum it up:

1. no access to the ReadyNAS admin page

2. no access to some of the folders while still perfect access to others.

3. ReadyNAS Cloud does not see the device in the local network.

4. RAIDAR finds it and that's it, still can't access the admin page.

Please I need help because I really have no idea what's happening

Model: RN212|2 BAY Desktop ReadyNAS Storage
Message 1 of 2
jak0lantash
Mentor

Re: ReadyNAS 212 - cannot access admin page and some of the shared folders

If you only want to use ReadyCLOUD again, access the local GUI with the local admin user and reactivate ReadyCLOUD. Otherwise:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Using-your-ReadyNAS/Home-Folder-Dissapeared/m-p/1257891#M127405
Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements