× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: ReadyNAS 516 back up failing after upgrading to OS 6.1.9

mage1
Aspirant

ReadyNAS 516 back up failing after upgrading to OS 6.1.9

I am receiving "Error connecting to folder" with error code 7077010020 when attempting to "Test Connection" on my Windows share back up jobs from the ReadyNAS FrontView UI. I went here because I am receiving email notifications that the back ups are failing. I didn't make any changes anywhere, but I did load OS 6.1.9 recently and that is when the two back up jobs I have setup started to fail. Where can I look to diagnose what the problem is? I looked at the downloaded logs... but the logs like "backup_007_error.log" contain nothing and are zero bytes. Help? Is this a known issue with 6.1.9?

Thanks,

Rob
Message 1 of 6
vandermerwe
Master

It is probably unrelated to the firmware upgrade, perhaps a permissions problem.
Post your backup job settings.
Can you create a new backup job that can connect to the same windows share, you don't have to run it, just set it up and test the connection.
Message 2 of 6
mage1
Aspirant

Both back up jobs are CIFS and backing up a shared folder on a Windows 7 PC to a local folder in a specific NAS share.

The shares are setup to grant Everyone READ permissions, though I set it up to login with my Windows login and password. It has been working for 10 months now, so I don't know what changed to cause this.

Here is one of the back up jobs:

Type: remote
Name: remote: Windows/NAS (Timestamp)
Host: ROB-ALIENWARE
Path: Users/rob/Documents
Login: rob
Password: **********

I tried recreating the back up job and I still encounter the same error when attempting to "Test Connection". I've tried things like omitting the login/password (since Everyone should have READ access), including a starting / in the Path, using IP instead of host name for machine name, etc. All results in the same error.

Any insights are appreciated, thanks!

Rob
Message 3 of 6
vandermerwe
Master

Try a double slash at the beginning of the path and check that the nas workgroup is the same as the windows PC.(Accounts/Authentication)
Have you rebooted the PC?
Message 4 of 6
mage1
Aspirant

I've tried a double slash, a single slash, and no slash.

Both the NAS and the Windows machine are using the same workgroup name -- "HOME".

I'll try rebooting the PC.
Message 5 of 6
mage1
Aspirant

uhhh... rebooting seems to have fixed it. WTF Windows?

Sorry about the post!

BTW, no leading slash in front of the share path is required.

Thanks again all!

Rob
Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements