× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNAS Duo V1:Firmware upgrade fail now cannot reset back to default settings.

arggome
Follower

ReadyNAS Duo V1:Firmware upgrade fail now cannot reset back to default settings.

Hi, Netgear support suggested that I give you upeople a call and see if sombody here knows how to over come my problem. 

As above: firmware upgrade failed before completion . NAS is no longer contactable to reset and manual attempt does nothing. 

Nas is stuck flashing the two small LED twice before flashing the large blue LED twice also but at a much slower rate.  Pressing the reset button in does nothing. 

Im thinking that I need to flush out the bits of the corupt code that remain in the flash storage and from there add the factory firmware and then later the last firm ware upgrade. 

I have a second NAS exactly the same and purchased as a pair. The other machine went through the same firmware upgrade without incident and is back to working perfectly fine.

Any suggestions here would be extremely welcome.

Many thanks.  

Message 1 of 2
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: ReadyNAS Duo V1:Firmware upgrade fail now cannot reset back to default settings.

Hello arggome,

Welcome to the community!

I hope you were able to backup the data.

Maybe you can try USB boot.

Regards,

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements