× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNAS NV+ Fails to Power Up after Electricity Outage

corneym
Aspirant

ReadyNAS NV+ Fails to Power Up after Electricity Outage

I have two Ready NAS NV+ boxes and both have experienced failure to restart after electricity outages due to storms and similar situations.  The two systems seem to be taking it in turn as to which will not start after these electricity outages (I know that is not at all scientific).  Both seem to have come back to life after a few weeks of downtime or after another electricity outage.  Any ideas on what is going on here?  Or how to make the restart happen sooner?

Box 1 (currently powered up) - Firmware 4.1.14, Linux 2.6.17.14 ReadyNAS

Box 2 (currently will not power up) - not sure

Message 1 of 5
novak1
Aspirant

Re: ReadyNAS NV+ Fails to Power Up after Electricity Outage

I am having the same isuse with my ReadyNAS NV+ v3.  Just stopped working but was working fine the night before power outage??? Are you saying if I leave it off for a few days (unplugged from power) it will just come back to life suddenly.  All I really want is to retrieve some data... don't really care about the box as it's going straight into the bin after I get data off.

Message 2 of 5
StephenB
Guru

@novak1 wrote:

I am having the same isuse with my ReadyNAS NV+ v3.  Just stopped working but was working fine the night before power outage??? Are you saying if I leave it off for a few days (unplugged from power) it will just come back to life suddenly.  

Is it not powering on?  Or just failing to boot?

If the latter, what status is RAIDar telling you?

Also, how many disks are installed?  xraid or flexraid?

Message 3 of 5
novak1
Aspirant

no power dead. but funny thing I pressed the power button randomly and booted again. shut it down and now it's dead again. what the.... failing psu?
Message 4 of 5
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Could well be a failing PSU. As always there are multiple possibilities but this would be the most likely.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements