× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Readynas Pro 6 - adding disk for a separate volume

tony359
Apprentice

Readynas Pro 6 - adding disk for a separate volume

Hi there,

I should know the answer but my NAS is sitting under my desk and never requires attention so I have forgotten!

my NAS has currently 2 x 4TB HDD's. I have 4 more 1xTB drives which were pulled from servers but they seem to work fine on their own - some servers are simply a little strict on some parameters.

I would like to put those disks in the NAS but I don't want to mess up the current 4TB volume. Is there a way to tell the NAS to create a separate RAID5 volume with those 4 disks?

Thanks!

Model: ReadyNAS RNDP6610|ReadyNAS Pro 6
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
Sandshark
Sensei

Re: Readynas Pro 6 - adding disk for a separate volume

Not on RAIDar 4.2.x with XRAID enabled.  When you add another drive, it will automatically be added to the existing array.  If you set it up for FlexRAID, then yes.  OS6.x allows you to toggle off XRAID, then you can add a second volume.  Once it is toggled off and another volume is added, you cannot toggle it back on.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
Sandshark
Sensei

Not on RAIDar 4.2.x with XRAID enabled.  When you add another drive, it will automatically be added to the existing array.  If you set it up for FlexRAID, then yes.  OS6.x allows you to toggle off XRAID, then you can add a second volume.  Once it is toggled off and another volume is added, you cannot toggle it back on.

Message 2 of 3
tony359
Apprentice

thank you!

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements