× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

The operation can't be completed because the original item for "admin" can't be found

pforkes
Aspirant

The operation can't be completed because the original item for "admin" can't be found

When I access the admin folder from another computer (logged in as admin) and I try to open it, I get the message :

The operation can't be completed because the original item for "admin" can't be found.

How do I fix this?

I am using a ReadyNAS 104 running firmware 6.4.1

Message 1 of 6
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: The operation can't be completed because the original item for "admin" can't be found

Do you have a backup?

Is this trying to access the local web admin page or something else?

Message 2 of 6
pforkes
Aspirant

Re: The operation can't be completed because the original item for "admin" can't be found

This is trying to access the folders the file manager in Windows 10.

I do not have a backup (it has taken me two weeks to get it to this stage).
Message 3 of 6
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Are you logging in as the "admin" user?

Is the PC in the same workgroup as the NAS?

Message 4 of 6
pforkes
Aspirant

I can access it through the admin page by this error is occurring when I try to access the folders through the file manager.

Yes I am in the same workgroup.
Message 5 of 6
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello pforkes,

May I ask if you can access this folder on another computer that is not running on Win10?

What exactly is this folder you are accessing? Is this one of the default ones or you added this folder? Try resetting permission, this might help. 

Regards,

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements