× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Volume expansion failed (ReadyNAS Ultra4)

subatomic
Aspirant

Clicking download logs didn't work. If full it probably couldn't create the zip. I'm doing another factory reset and this time will recreate my settings by hand instead of from the backup config file.

I wonder if my restore job somehow wrote to the wrong partition and filled it
Message 26 of 31
subatomic
Aspirant

Ok, things are going a lot better now.    I did the factory reset.  Then recreated all the setting by hand (luckily I took screenshots of every page).  Then I created backup jobs from the USB to the Share that I wanted.    It's working!

I wonder if the config restore hosed it.   Or the fact that I restored config _while_ the RAID arrays were still syncing/building...   hmm.   no idea.

Message 27 of 31
subatomic
Aspirant

Update:

So things have been going well with 3 disks, got all my data restored onto the NAS now.  

I put the 4th disk that came up as "Bad Disk 4" (during FactoryReset) onto my USB adaptor and attached to Windows10...  when I first plugged it in it said something was wrong and needed checking, deleted the partition and scanned, and got no errors.    

Put the disk in the readyNAS and now the volume is expanding and taking 42 hours to sync...

Message 28 of 31
subatomic
Aspirant

Looking good:

Data volume has been successfully expanded to 11110 GB.

Message 29 of 31
subatomic
Aspirant

Filesystem and Quota Checksturned out good, system is "Healthy" with all 4 disks.

Then I got this:   "ATA error count has increased in the last day. Disk 1: Previous count: 0 Current count: 6 Growing SMART errors indicate a disk that may fail soon. If the errors continue to increase, you should be prepared to replace the disk."

System is still "Healthy", in spite of that error...  Not sure if it's an issue...   But if it becomes an issue, I assume I can pull disk1 and replace.

Model:	WDC WD40EFRX-68N32N0
Serial:	WD-WCC7K3VCPZVE
Firmware:	01.00D.1
SMART Attribute
Raw Read Error Rate	0
Spin Up Time	2008
Start Stop Count	53
Reallocated Sector Count	0
Seek Error Rate	0
Power On Hours	438
Spin Retry Count	0
Calibration Retry Count	0
Power Cycle Count	46
End-to-End Error	0
Reported Uncorrect	13
Command Timeout	6
Airflow Temperature Cel	30
Power-Off Retract Count	21
Load Cycle Count	41
Temperature Celsius	30
Hardware ECC Recovered	0
Reallocated Event Count	0
Current Pending Sector	0
Offline Uncorrectable	0
UDMA CRC Error Count	0
Multi Zone Error Rate	0
ATA Error Count	6
Message 30 of 31
StephenB
Guru

@subatomic wrote:

...But if it becomes an issue, I assume I can pull disk1 and replace.

Yes.  I wouldn't stress too much over 6 ATA errors, but you should keep an eye on that disk.  If you start getting more regular increases in the count, then replace it.

Message 31 of 31
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 30 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements