× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Wake-on-LAN always powers up NAS

DoctorBrown
Apprentice

Wake-on-LAN always powers up NAS

The Wake-on-LAN feature appears to be completely broken on my ReadyNAS 102. If the WOL feature is enabled in the Power settings, the system will not stay powered off if the network cable is plugged in. I know this sounds impossible, but I tested this extensively.

If I power off the NAS from the front panel, it goes through the power off. About 5 seconds later the system powers back on. If I disconnect the LAN cable from my switch, the NAS stays off. As soon as I plug in the cable, the system powers on. This will occur with NO OTHER DEVICES plugged into the 8 port switch.

I believe that this started when I upgraded to the lastest firmware version. I was going to backdate the firmware but the NAS doesn't allow me to do that.

Two Questions:

1. How can I backdate the Firmware to confirm that it is the new firmware. Hopefully without wiping out my Disks.

2. Is there a way to fix this with the latest firmware.

My environment:

Netgear Router WNDR3700

Netgear 8 Port Switch - GS108

Netgear ReadyNAS - RN102 Firmware: 6.4.1

Asus P7P55D-E Motherboard

Windows 7 x64 Pro

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru

Re: Wake-on-LAN always powers up NAS

There is a fix for this in 6.4.2 RC1 https://community.netgear.com/t5/ReadyNAS-Beta-Release/ReadyNASOS-6-4-2-RC1/m-p/999457#U999457

So one option is to install that.

You can manually downgrade to 6.4.0 (but not before).  However if that is the only issue you are having, then I'd suggest going with 6.4.2 beta instead.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
StephenB
Guru

There is a fix for this in 6.4.2 RC1 https://community.netgear.com/t5/ReadyNAS-Beta-Release/ReadyNASOS-6-4-2-RC1/m-p/999457#U999457

So one option is to install that.

You can manually downgrade to 6.4.0 (but not before).  However if that is the only issue you are having, then I'd suggest going with 6.4.2 beta instead.

Message 2 of 3
DoctorBrown
Apprentice

StephenB, Thank you for the very quick reply! I upgraded to the 6.4.2 RC1 and it solved the problem.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements