× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: please help send newest BIOS for RN51600

tkggdhqcss
Initiate

please help send newest BIOS for RN51600

Dear All , 

I have a readynas rn51600 , but it not work after i changed some bios setting  , this morning  i  set a USB disk to boot Rescue tool to fix my  defect Hard Disk ,   maybe set some wrong after reboot now it's  not work , i tried clear cmos but it's  not work this time , now the nas FAN keep run with bigest sound when press power on , but  system always not boot , and the HDMI also no have any output , i think maybe the BIOS have some mistake , i want try use some program tool to flash the BIOS again , can you help me send me the newest BIOS for that ?  i rember the version print 06.06.2013 in the bios last boot ,please help check and send me this version , thanks .

Model: RN51600|ReadyNAS 516 6-Bay Diskless
Message 1 of 4
mdgm
Virtuoso

No BIOS settings changes are needed to boot off USB. It is not recommended to change BIOS settings as you may brick the device.

Yes, the process on an old BIOS to boot off USB is tricky and can take multiple tries to get the timing right, but it does work.

On the latest BIOS booting off USB is easier.

Far better to reach out for help when a system is working than after bricking it.

Worst case with your system in it’s current state you’d need to use soldering skills (advanced repair) to remove the BIOS chip and put a replacement one in (no idea where you’d get that) or replace the motherboard (would have to get that 2nd hand).
Message 2 of 4
tkggdhqcss
Initiate

"you’d need to use soldering skills (advanced repair) to remove the BIOS chip and put a replacement one in (no idea where you’d get that) or replace the motherboard "

yes , i checked the MB , the BIOS chipset is WINBOND 25064FVSIG ,  i want try remove and change the BIOS ROM chipset , i can find the same chipset and a tool to flash it , but need the correct BIOS file , can you help send the BIOS BIN file to me ?

Model: RN51600|ReadyNAS 516 6-Bay Diskless
Message 3 of 4
Sandshark
Sensei

I understand that BIOS changes on the OS6 NAS can require other configuration changes in the DMI and elsewhere, and those can be different depending on the old version as well as the new.  Because of this, Netgear has not made the updates available publicly, and likely never will.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements