× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

rn104 network issue

jrhslick
Aspirant

rn104 network issue

A returning issue with my NAS is the error of not being able to download anti virus to check network.

I am connected to a fibre network through a GB switch. I can get to my NAS unit through any of the home devices attached to the network however when the NAS tries to reach out to update itself, it errors with the following:

****Antivirus scanner definition file update failed due to download failure. Check your Internet connection.

I hsave attempted a number of different setups in the NAS networking area however nothing seems to work.

What am I doing wrong?

Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru

Re: rn104 network issue

@jrhslick wrote:

A returning issue with my NAS is the error of not being able to download anti virus to check network.

The RN104 no longer supports antivirus - the feature was removed for RN100 systems  in 6.10.0 because the NAS no longer had enough memory to run it.

So you should disable the feature (and consider upgrading your firmware to 6.10.9).  6.10.10 removes the ability to install apps, so if you use them you shouldn't install that one.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
StephenB
Guru

Re: rn104 network issue

@jrhslick wrote:

The RN104 no longer supports antivirus - the feature was removed for RN100 systems  in 6.10.0 because the NAS no longer had enough memory to run it.

So you should disable the feature (and consider upgrading your firmware to 6.10.9).  6.10.10 removes the ability to install apps, so if you use them you shouldn't install that one.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements