× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

After upgrading to firmware 6.4.1 my external usb hdd with btrfs is not recognized any more

pcautschi
Aspirant

After upgrading to firmware 6.4.1 my external usb hdd with btrfs is not recognized any more

Hi,

after upgrading to firmware 6.4.1 my external usb hdd with btrfs filesystem no longer gets recognized and mounted on my RN104.

Until now it worked without any problem and i do not want to change the filesystem.

Mounting by commandline works without any problem but is there any quick advice how i can get the harddrive automounted as with 6.4.0 ?

Best regards

Christian

Message 1 of 5
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: After upgrading to firmware 6.4.1 my external usb hdd with btrfs is not recognized any more

Can you connect your USB disk to any PC. Make sure you do not format it. Then do a safe remove from the PC and connect it up to your NAS again and see if it then works.

Message 2 of 5
Skywalker
NETGEAR Expert

Re: After upgrading to firmware 6.4.1 my external usb hdd with btrfs is not recognized any more

Hmm, I thought btrfs wasn't working on USB drives in 6.4.0.  Anyway, there is no way to get it to automount on 6.4.1.  It will be supported in the next release, but that won't be coming very soon.

Message 3 of 5
TomForman
Aspirant

I get the same behaviour but the USB drive appears to be formatted as FAT32.  At least when I plug it in to my laptop, it reports as FAT32.

Connecting this drive to my RN104 does nothing.  There is no log saying anything is connected and the UI doesn't report a thing

Can I mount this via command line?

Message 4 of 5
Skywalker
NETGEAR Expert

If you drive is not formatted with btrfs, then you have a different issue.  Does your FAT32 USB drive have a partition table?  Or is the filesystem written directly to the raw device?  We currently only support external storage that has a valid partition table.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements