× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: OSX 10.11 Finder doesn't refresh SMB3

SD
Aspirant
Aspirant

OSX 10.11 Finder doesn't refresh SMB3

Configuration : Readynas 102 (SMB) with windows 8.1 (wire) and osX 10.11 (wifi).

Hello,

My finder doesn't refresh on OSX when I make a change on the readynas files from the windows machine.

Boring..., I've try to reload the finder..., Out of solution today I'm asking the Netgear community... Does any one knows how to bring the readynas work find on mac os 10.11 ?

Thank you in advance

(I also can't make work readycloud application on mac. Can't find any talks about it neither...,)

MRS FR 01 dec 2015

Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
SD
Aspirant
Aspirant

Problem found, but not solved. Turn off the readynas antivirus.

After an installation of windows 10 on a new computer. Acces from the readynas mapped folders was too slow to use it!
I turned off the readynas antivirus to solve this conexion problem which appear to solve my refresh problem on the mac os X 10.11.

If any one have solution / advise to bring back / alternatives for the antivirus. Discussion is still open.

Regards,

Sylvain

MRS FR 15 dec 2015

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 6

All Replies
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello SD,

Welcome to the community!

How about restarting the Mac and try Connect to Server then type smb:// followed by the IP address?

Regards,

Message 2 of 6
SD
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for your fast answer. I feel glad to be welcome to the community!

Definitely. If I restart the mac finder load as first connection ok perfect. But this is not the point.

Here is the typical case:

1. I'm working on windows (PC 1). I make a Save As in the "Current Works Folder"

2. I get on the OS X (PC 2). The finder is already open on the the "Current Works Folder". 

3. My file Save As will never appear. I have a nother name file with the extension .tmp

OS X which does not have good press with smb... ok, disappointing..., I don't believe this is the problem cause it will never update. until I restart.

Regards,

Sylvain

(readycloud mac app crash...)

MRS FR 08 dec 2015

Message 3 of 6
BrianL2
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi SD,

Was this the case if the file has been closed by PC1? Ensure that when the file is being accessed using your MAC, use SMB not AFP.

Kind regards,

BrianL
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 4 of 6
SD
Aspirant
Aspirant

Problem found, but not solved. Turn off the readynas antivirus.

After an installation of windows 10 on a new computer. Acces from the readynas mapped folders was too slow to use it!
I turned off the readynas antivirus to solve this conexion problem which appear to solve my refresh problem on the mac os X 10.11.

If any one have solution / advise to bring back / alternatives for the antivirus. Discussion is still open.

Regards,

Sylvain

MRS FR 15 dec 2015

Message 5 of 6
BrianL2
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi SD,

NETGEAR is working on a fix for the SMB issue in the latest Firmware 6.4.1. We'll keep you posted for updates.

Kind regards,

BrianL
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements