× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RN102 will not install any apps at all.

banditinoz
Apprentice

RN102 will not install any apps at all.

Simply put I need help because nothing works with my apps, please...

Message 1 of 8
StephenB
Guru

Can you tell us what firmware you are running on the NAS,and what apps you have tried to install?

Message 2 of 8
banditinoz
Apprentice

Hi, I'm running 6.4.0 and it's everything  basically. Today it was Redynas phtos II but my problems started with Qbittorrent when I changed a port setting in Qbittorrent. I then tried every torrent app you have and they all failed install. I believe I'll need someone looking in my Readynas.

Thanks

Message 3 of 8
BrianL2
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi banditinoz,

Have you tried manually uploading or installing apps from this page?

Kind regards,

BrianL
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 4 of 8
banditinoz
Apprentice

Yes I have Brian,

It actually started when setting up Qbittorrent to automatically download torrents, which I was successful in doing for a short time.

I have an RSS feed with my torrents, which was monitored by an ifttt recipe that downloads the torrent to a dropbox account. Then ReadyNAS vault is set up t copy the contents of the dropbox account, back to the watched folder monitored by Qbittorrent. Qbittorrent would see the new torrent in the watched folder and download it, which worked and was great for a week or so.

Then I thought I’d look at dynamic dns and set one up with noip, then the problems started.

I realised where I’d screwed things up and removed the dyndns, but everything was haywire then and at best I could still use Qbittorrent, but by manually loading torrents.

I have most of this well documented in a ticket here somewhere, but I can’t find the ticket number right now.

I tried without success to get the automation working again and then found a forum where somebody spoke of changing the port watched by Qbittorrent I think and I foolishly did the port change in Qbittorrent settings. From that point on nothing worked and nothing installs.

I’ve tried to take the RN102 back to factory default, but the other thing I did after addressing the dyndns issue was update the firmware to a beta version, which also seemed to complicate things. The new OSS looks different and has no “exit door”, so you just close the browser to exit. That’s the man difference I noticed with the T147 or whatever it was at the time. 6.4.0 is the same.

I hope that’s good information for you and I’ll happily let someone clever remote into my system if needed.

Thanks very much,

Colin Scott…

Message 5 of 8
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Have you configured a static I.P.?

If so, are e.g. the DNS server addresses specified correctly?

Message 6 of 8
Sandshark
Sensei

For the ones you installed manually, download logs and look in install_debpkg.log for any clues.

Message 7 of 8
banditinoz
Apprentice

I'm away at the moment so can't check my replies. I've managed to install transmission, I think after confirming the DNS addresses. However I still can't install Qbitrorrent and there's a thread on that somewhere. So I'll access my NAS via cloud and check installing things
Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements