× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RND2110v2 or not....

Mych
Aspirant

RND2110v2 or not....

I have a ReadyNAS Duo RND2110v2 acording to the label at least.

It has 2 x 1Tb drives as a mirrored pair. I recieved an email saying....

Dear ReadyNAS® Customer, 

We want to thank you for being a loyal customer and would like to notify you of a firmware update, V4.2.28, for your ReadyNAS. You can download it here.

The V4.2.28 firmware will be the last software release on all the select ReadyNAS products listed on the web page below, including yours, due to its end-of-life status.

So I first try Remote Update but nothing. I then download the file and try to locally update but while verifying the file it comes back and says Update file is not valid for this Architecture... My home tab says I have...

Model:ReadyNAS Duo [X-RAID]
Serial:24M304760XXXX
Firmware:RAIDiator 4.1.14 [1.00a043] 
Memory:256 MB [2.5-3-3-7]
IPv4 address::192.168.0.120
Volume C:Online, X-RAID, 2 disks, 54% of 925 GB used

What model have I got and what is the latest software I can get for the unit? Also what is the largest discs this unit can take?

Thanks

Message 1 of 5
StephenB
Guru

That email shouldn't have been sent to you.  It was targetted at ultra/pro owners, but somehow was sent more broadly.

Your NAS can't run 4.2.x firmware.  4.1.14 is the current production firmware for your NAS.  You'll find 4.1.15 beta firmware in the forum (which has some additional security updates).

You duo v1 can handle disks up to 2 TB, but no larger.  I recommend WD20EFRX if you want to expand storage.

Message 2 of 5
Mych
Aspirant

Thanks... After posting this I did get another email that apologied for the confusion. You were right I should not have been sent the email. So you are saying that although the label says v2, I only have a v1 RND2110? Seems like a great way to confuse customer.

Message 3 of 5
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi Mych,

In addition to StephenB's response to you, kindly access this article below for further information as reference:

http://www.rnasguide.com/2012/01/09/how-to-tell-whether-i-have-a-duo-v1-or-duo-v2-or-nv-v1-or-nv-v2/

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 4 of 5
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

It is a v1 hardware revision 2 as described in the article DaneA linked to.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements