× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNas Pro 2 (RNDP2000) failed to boot

macgyom
Aspirant

ReadyNas Pro 2 (RNDP2000) failed to boot

Hi all,

After an update (4.2.27 -> 4.2.28) My ReadyNas Pro 2 doesn't boot anymore.

I have tried to fully erase (low level format) my 2 HDD 1To of my Nas, then put them in my readynas & boot into factory default. The Nas switch to install mode (I saw in Raidar) then disapear from raidar and after a couple of day later I can't access the admin page of readynas.

I've tried to install only 1 disk, a do a factory default, creating an X-raid2 area. Same Issue

I've tried to install only 1 disk, a do a factory default, creating no volume area. Same Issue

I don't know if a USB Flash recovery will work. I don't know to do it on a readyNas Pro 2.

If somoene can help me ...

Thank you

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: ReadyNas Pro 2 (RNDP2000) failed to boot

As I suspected a file on the internal flash was corrupt. I have fixed this.

This is a problem that can occur in some cases but it would only be an issue when doing a factory default.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3

All Replies
BrianL2
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi macgyom,

Try to set it up and connect the device directly to your PC. Also, if you have a spare drive we could further isolate if the issue is with the hard drives or with the ReadyNAS.

Kind regards,

BrianL
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 3
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

As I suspected a file on the internal flash was corrupt. I have fixed this.

This is a problem that can occur in some cases but it would only be an issue when doing a factory default.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements