× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Switched from NAS102 to NAS312, now won't boot back up after remote reboot.

connor25
Tutor

Switched from NAS102 to NAS312, now won't boot back up after remote reboot.

Hi I just transfered over LAN 60 gigs of data from a NAS102 to a new NAS312 with WD Red Drives, it took forever like about 8 hours, which I guess because I did via LAN.

Anyhow I rebooted the NAS312 remotely as it kept showing there were 2 x External Drives when there was just one, I rebooted remotely via TeamViewer, now I cannot gain access to the drive and the admin page just says 'Netgear ReadyNAS Version 6.4' and this has been the same for about an hour now.

Unfortunatly for me the Drive is 40 miles away, and I will be the one who has to go and reboot manually.  What are the odds that it could just be syncing or backing up as first time or something else?

Appreciate any input here 😕

Message 1 of 7
BrianL2
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi connor25,

Have you checked if you can ping the ReadyNAS? Have you tried accessing the files using the NAS Hostname or IP address? Lastly, try to open the RAIDar utility in your computer and see if it will detect your ReadyNAS device.

Kind regards,

BrianL
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 7
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Was it already running 6.4 before you did the manual reboot or not?

Message 3 of 7
connor25
Tutor

Thanks for replies, I didn't ping it... I left it 10 hours then drove in and the light was blue, and held it down til power down, then started up... worked fine again, but then when rebooted stuck each time....

Now here is the weird bit the HDD lights were both green all the time, whereas on my 102 they are always blue (is this normal?), I couldn't find anything that mentioned this in the instructions either.

Now I left it running after pulling out the drives, trying to reboot this way and that, and all failed... I then plug both back in, leave 24 hours and rebooted tonight fine... did it another 3 times and each time it works? then 4th time I rebooted it locked again. pfffft 😞

Now i'm not confident in switching over from the NAS102 to the NAS312 in case of failure 😞

Message 4 of 7
connor25
Tutor

Yes I bought it with another version on, it updated to 6.4 so was running at the time, but to be honest I can't recall if I had rebooted it since I had done the 6.4 update if that makes a difference?

Message 5 of 7
BrianL2
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi connor25,

Using the latest RAIDar utility, the logs of the device that locks up can be extracted by clicking the "Download logs" option. The logs will give us an idea what's causing the device to lock up or if there's something wrong with it. Follow the steps here on how to send it.

Kind regards,

BrianL
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 6 of 7
connor25
Tutor

Ok I have just emailed it as per instructions.

Thank You.

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements