Who Me Too'd this topic

everytime
Guide

Sorting numbered folder

When we use ReadyCloud, folders are not sorted “properly,” at least for those in a Mac environment, and I’m looking for a solution.

Here’s the situation: Folders that begin with numbers are sorted simply. ReadyCloud looks at the first character and bases the sort on that. It doesn’t look at the second character to see if that’s part of the first. Confused? I understand. An example will help.

Local folders on our Macs and folders on the NAS, are displayed this way:

1. Folder name
2. Folder name
3. Folder name
16. Folder name
21.Folder name
23. Folder name
45. Folder name

But, when accessing the system via ReadyCloud, these folders are displayed this way:

1. Folder name
16. Folder name
2. Folder name
21. Folder name
23. Folder name
3. Folder name
45. Folder name

I understand that the Mac OS has the “intelligence” to look at these leading digits and sort by the complete number. I’m wondering if there’s an option when accessing these directories via ReadyCloud to have them displayed the way they are on Macs locally. (I know that putting leading zeros in front of each numbered folder’s name will do the trick, but then when the number goes from two digits to three or from three to four, it will have to be done again. Plus, that looks so last century!)

Does anyone know there’s an option or a setting to make the sorted display more user friendly?

Thank you.

Who Me Too'd this topic