Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Can't log in to Nighthawk app

Caseyjewels66
Aspirant

Can't log in to Nighthawk app

I recently purchased a new phone and I'm trying to log in to the app. Once I enter my password something very briefly flashes on my screen about sending me a verification code and then it disappears and says login attempt denied.
Message 1 of 9

Re: Can't log in to Nighthawk app

@Caseyjewels66 wrote:
I recently purchased a new phone and I'm trying to log in to the app. Once I enter my password something very briefly flashes on my screen about sending me a verification code and then it disappears and says login attempt denied.

Which phone? Which app? (iOS or Android?) Which router?

Have you set up Anywhere Access on your system?

Apologies for all the questions. But you can help people to help you by providing the information suggested in this forum's header:

Subject (Include model number and brief summary)
Model (Recommended - Helps the community give the best answers)
Body (Include additional detail including model version, firmware, OS and environment where relevant.)

They are there for a good reason.

Message 2 of 9
Caseyjewels66
Aspirant

I have a Galaxy A25 and a Netgear AC 1600. My previous phone was a Galaxy A22. The app that I can't seem to open anymore is the Nighthawk app . As for the anywhere access question, I don't remember if I set that up the last time I opened the app with my previous phone or not.
Model: C6250|AC1600 WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 3 of 9

@Caseyjewels66 wrote:
I have a Galaxy A25 and a Netgear AC 1600.

Which router is that? AC1600 is not a unique Netgear model number. Many devices come with the AC/AX tag, but it is essentially a label that Netgear, and others, attach to hardware to describe wifi speeds.

Look at the label on the device for the Model Number. And, if there is one, include the "V" bit to show the hardware version. If there is no V number, then you have V1.

Does the Galaxy A25 connect as expected to the wifi from whatever router it is that you are using?

The app that I can't seem to open anymore is the Nighthawk app .

Which one? iOS or Android?

What happens when you try to open it?

Message 4 of 9
Caseyjewels66
Aspirant

The model number of my router is C6250. My Galaxy runs on Android and it connects fine with my router. I just can't open the Nighthawk app anymore with this new phone. When I enter my credentials something flashes on my screen very briefly about a verification code, and then it disappears and says login attempt denied. It's almost like maybe something is preventing it from sending me an access code?
Message 5 of 9

That you can connect to the wifi suggests that you are not crashing against the "random mac address" brick wall.

Have you tried the usual uninstall/reinstall trick with the Android app?

Using the app starts with a multi-step process. It starts with connecting to the local wifi. After that it is a case of signing into Anywhere Access followed by entering the login details for the router's GUI.

How do I enable or disable Anywhere Access on my NETGEAR or Orbi router? - NETGEAR Support

Message 6 of 9
Caseyjewels66
Aspirant

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app, and it still didn't work. I ended up having to create a new account with a different email and go through the process of linking my router with the app again.
Message 7 of 9

@Caseyjewels66 wrote:
I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app, and it still didn't work. I ended up having to create a new account with a different email and go through the process of linking my router with the app again.

A nuisance.

I'm surprised that it let you connect the router to Anywhere Access. Suggests that maybe some how the router lost the connection to MyNetgear.

Message 8 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-App/Nighthawk-app-not-connecting-but-Wi-Fi-works-gt-Try-T...

Be sure to disable any MAC Address randomizers on phones and pads while at home:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-App/NETGEAR-Mobile-Applications-and-Apple-Devices-FAQ/td-...

@Caseyjewels66 wrote:

Message 9 of 9
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7