Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Anywhere Access is still working after it has been disabled (AC2400 router)

axslingernc
Follower

Anywhere Access is still working after it has been disabled (AC2400 router)

After disabling Anywhere Access on my AC2400 router, I can still connect to it REMOTELY through the Nighthawk app. I disabled it while connected locally, but I am still able to view it and control it in the Nighthawk app.

App : 2.35.0.3631

Firmware : v1.2.0.92 

Model: AC2400|Nighthawk AC2400 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Anywhere Access is still working after it has been disabled (AC2400 router)

From the opening page of the Nighthawk Application, go to the menu in the upper left corner. Tap and the menu page shows connected via Anywhere Access. Tap on the bar where it indicates connected via Anywhere Access. The page that comes up shows a local connection is available on one option and that I am connected via Anywhere Access with the check mark. Tap on the bar that indicates a local connection is available and the connection will switch, the screen will refresh. The menu page now shows my R9000 is connected locally. To switch back to being connected via Anywhere Access, close the application and restart.

To turn off Anywhere Access, use the process above to connect locally. Go to the menu in the upper left corner, tap on Settings, and on the next page an Anywhere Access option shows. Tap on the option and you will have a toggle switch to turn off Anywhere Access.

Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi 770 Series