× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

4G LTE Modem LB1120 Questions

MRHommel1
Initiate

4G LTE Modem LB1120 Questions

With this series of modems that are being released, will they already have the sim card in them for AT&T? Will I be able to purchase the optional antennas' when it is released as well?

Also, will they work just like a regular cable modem hookup via ethernet would?  ie: Am I able to turn off the firewall or NAT or DHCP and connect it directly to my R7000 WAN port.

There is no internet other than satellite available at the home we moved into and Verizon Wireless has terrible service.  AT&T has great service out here and I would like to switch to them.  My plan is to hook this device up to my current home network with a 50GB plan and use it as a regular, full time modem. 

Message 1 of 3
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: 4G LTE Modem LB1120 Questions

Hello MrHommel1

You will have to check with ATT if it is sold with a sim card or not and no antennas. And yes you can plug this into a router.

DarrenM

Message 2 of 3
PJBeee
Aspirant

Re: 4G LTE Modem LB1120 Questions

To Netgear: This is an excellent device. Please try and get Verizon to recognize these devices as valid for activation; they work fine with Verizon SIM cards, but can't be directly registered.
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7