× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

AirCard 790S onlok mobile wifi netgaer

Fnde74
Follower

Please help. Please, I want to use this product but unfortunately I am locked on Zain network in Kuwait and I want to use it on other networks in Syria, for example please send the lock code to this device, since I entered the numbers from 1 to 8 and did not open the device please help and send the correct code to open my device Please wait for your response and I am aware that you will help me please

The Sri : 41T153PP01BAF

IMEI : 357504060329331
Model: AirCard 790S (Zain)|Zain LTE Advanced Hotspot
Message 1 of 3
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: AirCard 790S onlok mobile wifi netgaer

Hello Fnde74

Here is a KB on how to unlock the aircard.

https://kb.netgear.com/23681/How-do-I-unlock-my-AirCard-in-AirCard-Watcher

DarrenM

Message 2 of 3
izzzzzz6
Aspirant

Re: AirCard 790S onlok mobile wifi netgaer

You might also run into other problems as i have.
A. If you have a Netgear Aircard purchased from a mobile provider then Netgear won't help you. They tell you to go to the mobile provider eg. Telstra.
  If you go to other countries then your firmware might not be setup to cover those bands. If you had the retail version of the 790s for example then you should be able to update the firmware from anywhere in the world but if you have one of the same cards from a mobile provider "Onlok " for example then when you go to another country where that provider does not opperate not only might the band coverage not be setup for optimal results but you will not be able to receive any more firmware updates as the updates can only arrive to the Aircard if you are in the country where the provider that sold the card opperates within.
  Also if you want to take the Aircard with you to a country where the bands used for 4G are different say from Australia to Europe then not only will Netgear not help you change the firmware but the provider who sold the card with their branding will not help either, or even if they wanted to they would not be able to.
  Pretty stupid for a device which is supposed to be able to Roam worldwide.

Model: AirCard 790S (BigPond)|AC790S BigPond Wi-Fi 4G Advanced II
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7