× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Can I use AirCard without its battery ?

jbrena
Follower

Can I use AirCard without its battery ?

Hello evevryone.
As it seems to be impossible to contact Netgear BEFORE buying one of their product to get information, I'm here.
So the question is simple : Can the AirCard 785 (French model, dunno if it's important) work on AC power (230V in France) with its battery completely REMOVED !
I know the question may appear weird, but I've used a smarthphone (with removable battery) for 6 months 24h/7days on AC power, and as the smartphone didn't work without its battery even on AC power, I should have left the battery inside the smartphone, and it became a ballon and finally died ... yes in 6 months ...
I think it was extremely stupid from the smartphone builder to force the presence of battery ... but it's surely because they wanna make customers buy another smarthpone or battery quicker ... Smiley Mad
-
Anyway I'd like to avoid the same trouble with AirCard. If you have a reliable source, I'd be very glad.
Thank you in advance

Model: AirCard 785 Retail unlocked|AC785 Mobile Hotspot
Message 1 of 2
NeilS
NETGEAR Expert

Re: Can I use AirCard without its battery ?

Hi...

Successfully tested with AC785 and AC810. Both work fine with AC power connected and battery removed.

This also works if the AirCard Cradle is providing power.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7