× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Re: Charging problems with 790s

Dreamcaster51
Aspirant

Charging problems with 790s

After searching various forums I found that many other people have the same problems as I have with my 790s, that is charging the little blighter. I have to hold the cord at 'such an such' an angle to get contact and charging to commence. If i so much as breathe wrongly it stops charging, I am no tech brain but it is obvious from all the complaints on the net that there is something faulty with the usb connection in the base of the unit. No it is not the cable as I have tried many, beleive me. Is there a fix, I set it up on the 18th September 2015 so only 18 mths old. It is fixed to the wall via velcro so never moves. Any ideas ????? Help ?????

Model: AirCard 790S (BigPond)|AC790S BigPond Wi-Fi 4G Advanced II
Message 1 of 3
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello Dreamcaster51

I would contact you ISP for support on this.

DarrenM

Message 2 of 3
Dreamcaster51
Aspirant

Hi DarrenM

I have contacted the mob I purchased it from over the internet and got no where. I visited a store in a small town up the road and was being helped for a while

then it got too hard for them. Every one wants to blame the other guy, eventually after saying I would take it to Consumer Affairs (in Australia) things started to change. They

wanted proof of purchase but as I said I purchased it from them over their help line because an eairlier modle stuffed up, so I was unable to show proof of purchase & it was too hard for them to look it up..

Any how I ended up getting a second hand ( almost new) 810S aircard which has a much better charging plug. After the dust settled the guys admitted they have 

had heaps of trouble with the same fault on the 790s. If it is known why not a recall?

Never mind ended all good , thanks for the reply

Dreamcaster51

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7