× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Failover Notification LB 2120...

arnobarno
Follower

Failover Notification LB 2120...

Hello,

I just purchased a LB 2120 LTE Modem to set up on our home network for use in failover mode when our cable modem goes down for whatever reason.  It is working as I expect and failing over when I simulate a cable modem failure.

I'd like to be notified when the failover occurs and this is where I have an issue.  I'm using Project Fi (Google's MVNO that sits on top of a number of networks).  Project Fi allows you to have any number of data-only SIMs attached to your account but only one voice+data SIM.  The data-only SIM works fine for failing over but can not send SMS messages and that is the only mechanism that I can find on the 2120 to get notified when failover occurs.

Anyone have any other ideas?  Surely I'm not the only one using Project Fi with this product.  Thanks for your help.

Arn

Message 1 of 3
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Failover Notification LB 2120...

Hello arnobarno

I do not know of any way with the stock software on how to do this maybe someone in community will have a creative way to do this.

DarrenM

Message 2 of 3
jwillis84
Tutor

Re: Failover Notification LB 2120...

If the firmware allowed a customer script it would be a simple matter to fire off an email over the default route.. or hook IFTTT up to fire up Alexa, Google or Cortana tasks.

But this firmware appears to be different from any other Netgear firmware, a telnet or ssh login does not appear available.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7