× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Firmware update voor Aircard AC790

ronaldvr2132
Apprentice

Firmware update voor Aircard AC790

Over time the connection of my iOS devices to my AC790 is getting worse where with the latest iOS 10.2.1 the WiFi connection is often dropped after which the AC790 is going into energy saving mode. Furthermore the stability and speed of the connection to the 4G ISP is not as good as what I was hoping for. Is there any new firmware that could improve this? I can't remember having seen any update of the firmware since I have the AC790, which is for 9 months now.

Model: AirCard 790 Retail unlocked|AirCard® 790 Mobile Hotspot
Message 1 of 6
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Firmware update voor Aircard AC790

Hello Ronaldvr2132

In the wifi settings have you tried to change the 2.4Ghz bandwidth to 20mhz I have read from other community members that IOS devices do better on 20 compared to 40mhz.

DarrenM

Message 2 of 6
ronaldvr2132
Apprentice

Hello DarrenM,

Thanks for the advise.

I have adjusted it from 40Mhz to 20Mhz. I have not used the AC790 enough to verify if this solved the connection issues. Furthermore I noticed when adjusting the Mhz settings that on the 2.4Ghz WiFi band the password contained an additional a. Apparantly that changed unnoticed when putting the AC790 in a pocket a while ago. Hopefully with 20Mhz and the proper password the connections are stable again. Do you know if there is a new firmware in the make?

Thanks,

Ronald

Message 3 of 6
akido
Apprentice

We continue to suffer from the lack of better support of netgear aircard devices regarding fw updates!!!!
Message 4 of 6
ronaldvr2132
Apprentice

I currently am using the following firmware:

Firmware version NTG9X35C_11.11.00.00
Firmware Build Date: 2015/08/13

Message 5 of 6
Erlbacher
Aspirant

Betreff: Firmware update voor Aircard AC790

To your Info:

I have the same device with same Firmware 11.11.00.00

In May/June 2017 I was in Egypt and used the AC790 with a Orange SIM Card. It works fine.

After one Day of using, the AC790 shows a message, that there is a Firmware update with 73 MB for download.

I don't start it in Egypt, becaus when the update dosn't work properbly, I had no "plan B" far away from Home 🙂

Back in Germany with a Vodafone SIM, I tried to start the Firmware update..... but I get only an error Message.

After 1-2 hour working with the AC 790, I get the same message on the AC 790 Display, that there is a new Firmware to install (manual Firmware update was not possible ???)

I start the download and the Installation on the AC 790 (connected with usb to my PC).

Now the Firmware is 11.11.15.00 - will try ist (WiFi in the car)

Hope it helps

Andreas

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7