× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Hotspot frozen

CassieCat123
Aspirant

Hotspot frozen

I have a Netgear (Sprint) Hotspot. It's pretty much plugged in all the time since I only use it at home. When I couldn't connect to the internet, I checked out the display and, of course, it read, 'Battery full. Please disconnect power. ' So I did, but the display didn't change. I tapped the x, nothing. Then I noticed the battery symbol, top right, was showing a low battery and next to it were the words 'no battery'. Yet it still was saying battery full and the blue light was blinking (occasionally it double blinks). I thought to reboot it. Held down the power button until a green button appeared reading 'Shut down', but it won't let me press it. Like the screens not working. So, I either have 3 symptons or 3 problems. 1) 'no battery' 2) unresponsive screen. 3) No internet connection. One more thing, don't know if it means anything, but it keeps waking itself up from sleep mode. Please help, I'm using up my very limited phone data.
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Hotspot frozen

Hello CassieCat123

Have you tried to pull the battery from the unit and put it back in?

DarrenM

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 5

All Replies
CassieCat123
Aspirant

Oh yeah, don't know if this is contributing to the screen issue, it never caused a problem before, but I never removed the protective plastic.
Message 2 of 5
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello CassieCat123

Have you tried to pull the battery from the unit and put it back in?

DarrenM

Message 3 of 5
CassieCat123
Aspirant

Hi Darren!

I thought I did, but when I had trouble finding a new battery, I tried it again and, so far, it seems to be working 👊 (sorry it took so long to reply, but as you know, my internet access was scarce).
Message 4 of 5
CassieCat123
Aspirant

I spoke too soon. Removing the battery was just a temporary fix. At this point I'm figuring I'm needing a new battery. Suggestions on where to get one?
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7