× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

LB1111 or coming MR1100 support for German Telekom MultiSim Cards

LssJ
Aspirant

LB1111 or coming MR1100 support for German Telekom MultiSim Cards

Hi,

Telekom Germany provides so called MultiSim cards with their mobile phone contracts. These may be used in additional devices like a second mobile phone or a tablet or surf-stick. They are not intended to be used in stationary LTE routers and may cause malfunctioning. The usual scenario is, that the stationary router picks up the incoming phone call because all MultiSim cards share the same phone number. As it cannot process the call, the person calling you is redirected to the voicemail and you cannot pick it up with your primary phone.

I'm wondering if the Netgear LB1110/1 or the upcoming MR1100 work in connection with those MultiSim cards or whether the problem I described will occour.

Bests.

Lasse

Message 1 of 4
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: LB1111 or coming MR1100 support for German Telekom MultiSim Cards

LB1110/1 and MR1100 do not support MultiSim.

DarrenM

Message 2 of 4
LssJ
Aspirant

Ok. Thank you!

Lasse

Message 3 of 4
LssJ
Aspirant

I'm not sure, what you mean by "unlocked". There are some discussions on older Huawei routers where you could change the handling of incoming phone calls using AT or Hayes commands. You had to switch from CS=Circuit Switching (data and calls) to PS=Packet Switching (only data). Something similar here?

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7