× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

LB1120 Product Manual, Registration, and Firmware

elvisimprsntr
Aspirant

LB1120 Product Manual, Registration, and Firmware

BACKGROUND

I received my LB1120 on Feb 15 and got it up and running without too much trouble.  There was no Users' Manual included nor is there a UM on the Netgear support site.  I had to use the manual for the EU version (LB1110) 

QUESTIONS

1. When will the UM for the LB1120 be avaiable?

2. I tried to register my product, except the LB1120 is not aviable in the registration model drop down.

3. Logged into the web interface, when I attempt to check for new firmware, it reports some sort of problem when checking.  

Message 1 of 9

Accepted Solutions
elvisimprsntr
Aspirant

Re: LB1120 Product Manual, Registration, and Firmware

My APN configuration is likley irrevlent unless you have an ATT IoT SIM, but here it is.

SIM: ATT IoT

APN: m2m.com.attz

LB1120.jpeg

Complete list of ATT APN and characteristics: https://developer.at...characteristics

You can read my full post on IoT SIMs here: http://cocoontech.com/forums/topic/30141-low-cost-247-lte-failoverfailback-solution/?p=254004

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 9

All Replies
Constant7
Aspirant

I apogize for doing this, I don't have an answer to your question...  I am getting ready to purchase the LB1120 as well and don't know how to get it set up on AT&T's network.  In your post you indicated you got it up and running without "too" much hassle. 

Could I trouble you to tell me what procedure you followed to activate the unit on AT&T's network?

Thank you in advance for any help you can provide, and once again I'm sorry for responding to your question with a question.

Message 2 of 9
elvisimprsntr
Aspirant

Message 3 of 9
eightpointacres
Aspirant

I have the 1121 version, and while it did come up on the ATT network, its only performing at 3G speeds.  I get 7Mbps, vs my 5 year old iPad at 23 Mbps from the same location.  I spend over an hour with ATT last night and the sum of the conversation is that since its not a ATT branded device they don't guarrantee that it will connect as a 4G device!  I am pissed.  So I am going to try netgear support tonight to see if they will provide me the APN settings to get it to connect at LTE speeds.  If anyone has any suggestions please reply.  

BTW, I had the same problem with product registration!  I registed mine as a LB1110 device.

Message 4 of 9
elvisimprsntr
Aspirant

I have no problem connecting to 4G LTE network with the LB1120. I suspect the APN, SIM card, or plan is preventing form connecting to LTE. Not all
SIM cards are equal. Cards are tied to your plan and the APN. I doubt Netgear will be able to help. See my previous post for the ATT APN settings not all APN will connect to LTE.
Message 5 of 9
eightpointacres
Aspirant

Maybe you could share you APN settings and I can find out if they work on my account.  I have the 30G shared plan.  What bothers me is that they are charging me $20/month for this device because its a "hotspot", but only $10/month for my 5 year old iPad, with much older radio support, yet I get 3x the performance on it!  I would not have spent $140 on a 4G LTE device if I had known that I could not get LTE speeds.  On the box Netgear even says that the 3G is a "fall back" speed.  I will still need to speak to them about their claims for the device if I can't get it up top to speed.  Pun intenteded.

Message 6 of 9
elvisimprsntr
Aspirant

My APN configuration is likley irrevlent unless you have an ATT IoT SIM, but here it is.

SIM: ATT IoT

APN: m2m.com.attz

LB1120.jpeg

Complete list of ATT APN and characteristics: https://developer.at...characteristics

You can read my full post on IoT SIMs here: http://cocoontech.com/forums/topic/30141-low-cost-247-lte-failoverfailback-solution/?p=254004

Message 7 of 9
eightpointacres
Aspirant

Thank you so much for all the detailed information.  I will post for others benefit once I have a solution that I am happy with.

Message 8 of 9
Constant7
Aspirant

Thanks to both of you, I received mine yesterday and will be trying to get it set up this weekend.

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7