× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Re: Manual for unlocked Telstra AC790s Advanced?

rswndr
Aspirant

Manual for unlocked Telstra AC790s Advanced?

I recently purchased an unlocked Telstra AC790s (Advanced) from an online retailer (not the Advanced 2).  The package did not come with a manual.  The AC790s Advanced 2 manual is available online but it is a different device and many of the features are very different.  I have the device working with my own sim, etc., but it would be easier to work out all of the features if I had a guide.  Does anyone know where I could locate a manual for this model?

Model: AirCard 790|AirCard 790 Mobile Hotspot Retail Unlocked
Message 1 of 7
clithes
Prodigy

Only unlocked aircard guide I can find is this:

Aircard 790 Retail unlocked

Is it this one?

Message 2 of 7
rswndr
Aspirant

Hi,

You would think so, but the manual you found also keeps mentioning a touch screen as with the Advanced 2, and my device does not have that- it resembles what's in the 790s manuals, but has a smaller screen that is only color on boot-up and has fewer indicators.  I'm beginning to think I was sold a more basic unit packed up in a different box. The box said Telstra but the boot-up says Big Pond.  Sigh. I'll have to start sorting through the other devices to see what I find.

Message 3 of 7
rswndr
Aspirant

Checked again, the box says 790s.  Looked under the battery of the device.  It's a 760s.  Live and learn. 

Model: AirCard 760S (BigPond)|Hotspots
Message 4 of 7
clithes
Prodigy

Aircard 760S (BigPond)

Doesn't seem to be a manual though 😞

Maybe this?

Telstra BigPond Userguide

Message 5 of 7
rswndr
Aspirant

Good for a quick start guide, I think.  There is a generic European (unlocked retail) user guide for the 762s that seems to be about as close as I'm going to get for a more extensive manual:

http://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/aircard/AC762S/2400325%20AC762S%20(Generic-Europe)%20User%20G...

It looks like most of the details are close if not identical to the device I have.

Message 6 of 7
ArodiD
NETGEAR Expert

Hi rswndr,

You can find useful information on AC760S BigPond from this link: https://www.netgear.com/support/product/AirCard_760S_(BigPond).aspx?cid=wmt_netgear_organic

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7