× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Re: Netgear Aircard AC815S - Connecting to Laptop - Lenovo E530C - Windows 7 64 bit OS - No Connect

micropterus
Aspirant

Netgear Aircard AC815S - Connecting to Laptop - Lenovo E530C - Windows 7 64 bit OS - No Connect

Hello, I am unable to connect my laptop to my Aircard - AC815S. The laptop and the portable hotspot indicate No Devices Connected. Setup

Carrier : AT&T - Note I can successfully use my AC815S with my iPhone 7 Plus WIFI connection setup. It works great.

My laptop setup. What I have gone through and reviewed:

Desktop Environment:

Control Panel / Basic Network Information / Setup Connections

Wireless Network Connection defined and established - Media State:Enabled - SSID:(MySSID)

Microsoft Virtual WIFI Miniport Adapter - Status:Enabled / Device Working Properly - Driver:Current Version and set using DOS Shell Commands:

>netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=allow said=(My SSID) key=(My SSID Password) keyusage=persistent

>netsh start hostednetwork

(above conmands to establish virtual driver)

AT&T Settings - All Access via the Netgear USB Port Device : A340U - I have used this device successfully a number of years connecting to the AT&T  Mobile Broadband System (LTE)

AT&T Product Name for AC815S: Unite Explore

AT&T Hotspot Connection : Mobile Hotspot: ON

Everything looks lined up to me: Problem: AT&T Hotspot shows Devices Connected - Zero (In Red Ball) - Same with the Mobile Hotspot AC815S

Any ideas much appreciated

Model: AirCard 810S (Telstra)|Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
micropterus
Aspirant

Re: Netgear Aircard AC815S - Connecting to Laptop - Lenovo E530C - Windows 7 64 bit OS - No Connect

Problem Solved!!  ... End User Error (Me)

In what I described above, I realized that I was actually tryng to connect one Hotspot with another. The AT&T All Access Hotspot using the AC340U USB Modem  to the AT&T Mobile Hotspot - Unit Explore - AC815S. Not going to work. All Access Hotspot was operating just fine, I successfully WIFI connected my iPhone 7 Plus to it, no problems. This after I realized what I was attempting to do. Whew!

I logged on to my Wondows 7 laptop to continue troubleshooting (this morning) and the All Access box for WIFI had a error condition indicating WIFI Adapter Not Found and presented the Windows In Session Troubleshhoting tool. I clicked okay to allow it to ID and repair the error condition, which it did in short order.

I am now able to WIFI connect my windows laptop as well as my iPhone 7 Plus (either or or both) to the AC815S Portable Hotspot.

I have taken copious notes as I stepped through the process to be used in the future possibly.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
micropterus
Aspirant

Problem Solved!!  ... End User Error (Me)

In what I described above, I realized that I was actually tryng to connect one Hotspot with another. The AT&T All Access Hotspot using the AC340U USB Modem  to the AT&T Mobile Hotspot - Unit Explore - AC815S. Not going to work. All Access Hotspot was operating just fine, I successfully WIFI connected my iPhone 7 Plus to it, no problems. This after I realized what I was attempting to do. Whew!

I logged on to my Wondows 7 laptop to continue troubleshooting (this morning) and the All Access box for WIFI had a error condition indicating WIFI Adapter Not Found and presented the Windows In Session Troubleshhoting tool. I clicked okay to allow it to ID and repair the error condition, which it did in short order.

I am now able to WIFI connect my windows laptop as well as my iPhone 7 Plus (either or or both) to the AC815S Portable Hotspot.

I have taken copious notes as I stepped through the process to be used in the future possibly.

Message 2 of 3
micropterus
Aspirant

Yes, it works great. I am unable to WIFi connect to the laptop using the 5 ghz band setting. The 2.4 ghz band works. WIFI connecting the AC815S to my iPhone 7 Plus, I can use the 5 ghz band.
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7