× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Netgear Nighthawk M1 Portforwarding Issues

Sullos
Follower

Netgear Nighthawk M1 Portforwarding Issues

I recently bought the new Nighthawk M1 4G LTE Mobile Router in an 80GB plan from Telstra, everything works well so far, I'm getting at lowest 50mbps, -land so far at highest ~120mbps, either way I'm happy with speed - however I cannot get the port forwarding function to actually work nor UPnP. I'm trying to use it to host a server from a computer. The computer has always worked fine however I need it to work on the Nighthawk M1. I know there's nothING wrong with the computer setup or the server setup as it works normally on any other Netgear router, but it won't work now.
I have tried adding the ports in the portforwarding section, I've tried enabling DMZ, and it just won't work. I'm not sure why not.

ANY help or advice is definitely wanted! Thanks in advance 🙂
Message 1 of 4
kirayamto
Apprentice

回复: Netgear Nighthawk M1 Portforwarding Issues

This community cannot help you to solve just advice you contact telstra to solve problem
Message 2 of 4
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Netgear Nighthawk M1 Portforwarding Issues

Hello Sullos

What ports are you trying to open.

DarrenM

Message 3 of 4
ArodiD
NETGEAR Expert

Re: Netgear Nighthawk M1 Portforwarding Issues

Hi Sullos,

I have tested Port Forwarding using RDP after seeing your post and can confirm port forwarding is working fine with the M1.  Can you please advise what APN profile you are using with the M1?  If you are using the standard Telstra.Internet APN profile then no matter what you do it wont work as that APN profile is NAT'd.  You will need to contact Telstra and ask them to provision Telstra.Extranet on your SIM card and then you will need to manually setup the APN profile in the M1.

Kind Regards,

ArodiD.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7