× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Netgear Nighthawk M1 drops LTe connection every day and requires multiple reboots

v5_rnas
Aspirant

Netgear Nighthawk M1 drops LTe connection every day and requires multiple reboots

Hi there,

Purchased a Nighthawk M1 (MR1100) from Telstra recently. Seems to work well in terms of speed. But a few problems including severe lack of configuration for DHCP (the only item you can configure is DHCP range - there's no fixed host mappings, or any even basic features present in almost every other device on the market. I really hope this is addressed in a future patch or Netgear advise a secret menu to access these basic features as it's really disappointing and lets the router down at the present time). However, it's by far the fastest I've ever tested.

Anyway to the main problem. Every day when I come home the device is no longer providing Internet over the connected ethernet cable. I can connect to the modem admin screen fine, and it reports it's connected to the internet (reports LTE connection is fine and has been connected for over a day); however, no devices on the network can use the internet and the only way to solve it is by restarting the MR1100 multiple times eventually it starts routing traffic again. This problem does not occur on any of the other modems I've tested using the same SIM/Service so it's definitely an issue with the MR1100.

Something is wrong with the software - need someone from Netgear to sort this out.

Also Netgear you need to add the Nighthawk M1 to your model list as I had to assign this ticket against a random unrelated modem as your product list isn't up to date.

Model: MR1100| Nighthawk M1 (Telstra)
Message 1 of 6
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Netgear Nighthawk M1 drops LTe connection every day and requires multiple reboots

Moving this under Aircard LTE Hotspot & Gateways. 

Message 2 of 6
ArodiD
NETGEAR Expert

Re: Netgear Nighthawk M1 drops LTe connection every day and requires multiple reboots

HI v5_rnas,

I have sent you a PM.  Please check when you have some time.

Message 3 of 6
papajohn3002
Aspirant

Like others before me, I'm fed up with having to reboot my Nighthawk MR1 every time I stop briefly on my computer (MacBook Air) or when I close down my computer. I used a Sierra mobile router before which never required rebooting. The Telstra technician suggested changing the time-out feature under "Advanced" to "Never" but this makes no difference.

Can you please help?

papajohn3002

Model: MR1100| Nighthawk M1
Message 4 of 6
papajohn3002
Aspirant

Thanks for the suggestion for overcoming the connection issue by resetting the unit to 'factory default'. Before doing so, may I ask what purpose this would achieve. I have two Nighthawk units, both brand new and from seled new boxes, and both have the same issue. The only changes I have made has been to the passwords and changing the timeout setting to "Never". The are accessed by my MacAir and my wife's Ipad, both wirelessly.

Cheers

John

Message 5 of 6
stevemcgahey
Guide

I am having the same problem.  Incredibly not-fit-for-purpose.  

I can hardly expect my 3 year old to get up in the morning and reboot the router before playing with his iPad every morning.  I'm contemplating a return as these challenges are quickly rendering it not-fit-for-purpose.

I should add this is a problem for me on wired ethernet connection to the device, as well as wireless connection to the deveice - it loses the 4G connection to the mobile phone tower.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7