× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Re: Network Using Aircard790

ShaunJarvis
Aspirant

Network Using Aircard790

Three days researching with no result other than conflicting answers. I use a Netgear Aircard 790 at home for Internet. I wish to be able to stream music to my Denon DN-200WS which feeds my amplifier so, in my experience, I require a network in my apartment talking to the Denon component. Question is what router or expander can I use to achieve this when all I have as my Internet source is the Aircard, which, as a Netgear site states, works on a different system to routers while another Netgear site discusses connecting or adding a Netgear expander to an Aircard? For example there is an inexpensive Netgear EX6200 on eBay at the moment but finishing in a day. I know F'all about systems, the lingo/terms but use Internet like anyone else. Can someone help me please?

Model: AirCard 790|AirCard 790 Mobile Hotspot Retail Unlocked
Message 1 of 2
ShaunJarvis
Aspirant

Re: Network Using Aircard790

By that do you mean am I getting support from Netgear? It's improving inas much as they ave told me that using an Aircard as the source of my Internet it is impossible to hook it up to a router and have a network. That might be obvious many but it wasn't to me. I can do a lot of things but I am just a user relying upon people who know when it comes to this stuff. Last night when questioned further they told me that there was now an R7100LG that I could use and which results in a Network. It's too expensive and does not take external antennas so I am better off reception wise using the Aircard with my external antenna, leaving my without a network and huddles together on account of it's limited rage. So today I asked again having seen the cradles. These take external antennas that's the decent signal/reception dealt with and they produce a network in the apartment but they are not that efficient as a router. What I fail to understand is if there is a way via a cradle (DC112A) and the R7100LG why can't one use a decent router at half the cost (2nd Hand) or why isn't it possible?

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7