× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Nighthawk M1 Modem Firmware Update Ruined Connection

td1812090
Follower

Nighthawk M1 Modem Firmware Update Ruined Connection

Hello

I have a Netgear MR1100 mobile wifi device and it worked great...UNTIL...the firmware update that it prompted me to do a few days ago.

Now the download rate is awful - dial up speeds. Especially on my laptop.

Facts-
- I have 4 devices on wifi from this mobile router
- I keep it fully charged and use it on mains power
- I have tried 3 factory resets to no avail

Any help greatly appreciated
Thanks
Message 1 of 6
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Nighthawk M1 Modem Firmware Update Ruined Connection

Hello td1812090

You may want to contact Telstra support the may be able to get you the old firmware to load on the device.

DarrenM

Message 2 of 6
ArodiD
NETGEAR Expert

Hi td1812090,

Sorry to hear about your experience since doing upgrading to the latest firmware.  I would like to investigate this further.  Can you please send your details to adalpathadu@netgear.com

Name

Contact Number

IMEI

Software Version

Test Location

Speedtest.net Result (Use Telstra Server)

Your assistance to send me the above so we can further investigate would be appreciated.  Looking forward to hearing back from you soon.

Kind Regards,

ArodiD

Message 3 of 6

I have the same issue, telstra have been no help so far. the speed is on with 1 device connected but once a few are it slows to where some pages will not load?

Model: MR1100| Nighthawk M1
Message 4 of 6
sweete
Guide

hahahahahaha

I contacted telstra about getting the firmware reversed and telstra told me it was not possible!!!!!!!

Model: MR1100| Nighthawk M1
Message 5 of 6

yes i have spoken to Telstra advanced tech & Netgear tech support as well, netgear told me i needed to speak to telstra advanced tech as the firmware is done in house at telstra. They told me nothing could be done as it is updated OTA, i queried the provision on the units homepage & was told they dont know...

My unit is with telstra for evaluation at the moment, willl be interesting to see what they say

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7