× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Nighthawk M1 bricked mode?

rami_g86
Aspirant

Nighthawk M1 bricked mode?

Hey guys,

So I purchased one of these today after being advised that I could try it on a different network and return it if I wasnt happy.

Had it setup within in mintutes. However while messing around with the mobile app, i accidently tapped on the "use 2.4 and 5g combined" icon. The unit then attempted to reset itself, but has been stuck in what i would best describe as a bricked mode. main lights (screen, power and trasnfer) are on with the orange light intermitently flashing. I've attempted to reset it multiple times to no avail. I've removed the battery, sim, put it on charge and attempted different button combinations. I've attached an image.

Any ideas on how to get it back up and running?

CheersIMG_9238.JPG

Model: MR1100|NIGHTHAWK M1
Message 1 of 5
stevesw
NETGEAR Expert

Re: Nighthawk M1 bricked mode?

Try a factory reset using reset button.

See p68 of user manual:

http://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/MR1100/MR1100_UM_EN.pdf

Steve

Message 2 of 5
rami_g86
Aspirant

Hi Steve,
as mentioned, ive tried the manual reset. unfortunately I can't attempt reschedule from browser or app.
Message 3 of 5
ArodiD
NETGEAR Expert

Hi rami_g86,

Could you please PM me with your device IMEI, contact number and email address?  We can assist you with recovering this device.  We would also like you to be a part of our BETA testing team.  Is this something you would be interested in?

Message 4 of 5
rami_g86
Aspirant

hey mate, ive pmd you.
cheers
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation