× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Nighthawk M1 - enabling IP Pass Through Mode

JRG1956
Aspirant

Nighthawk M1 - enabling IP Pass Through Mode

I've recently purchased a Nighthawk M1 Gigabit LTE modem router. (Firmware 10.12.02.01)

I would like to operate it in IP Pass-Through Mode. This is decribed on pages 51-52 of the manual:

http://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/MR1100/MR1100_UM_EN.pdf?cid=wmt_netgear_organic

However, this option does not appear in M1's admin web interface:

Screen Shot 2017-03-05 at 14.24.03.png

(Ignore the settings in the screenshot - I'm playing with DMZ as an alternative)

Any advice on how to expose IP pass through would be appreciated.

Thanks, John

Model: MR1100| Nighthawk M1
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
ArodiD
NETGEAR Expert

Re: Nighthawk M1 - enabling IP Pass Through Mode

Hi John,

This was a typo in the UM and is not currently supported.  IP Pass through mode will be supported in an upcoming firmware release.  Once the firmware is available you will see a notification appear on your device to start the upgrade process.

Kind Regards,

ArodiD

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
ArodiD
NETGEAR Expert

Hi John,

This was a typo in the UM and is not currently supported.  IP Pass through mode will be supported in an upcoming firmware release.  Once the firmware is available you will see a notification appear on your device to start the upgrade process.

Kind Regards,

ArodiD

Message 2 of 3
JRG1956
Aspirant

Thanks ArodiD, good to hear that IP Pass Through will be made available.

I'm very happy with the M1's LTE performance, and expanding its feature set through firmware upgrades will make it a better product.

John

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7