× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Our Aircard 781S has been adding to data usage without being online

simkris
Aspirant

Our Aircard 781S has been adding to data usage without being online

For about a year now we have on several occasions watched the data usage count on our AC781S start increasing in huge increments, even when we are not on line. ATT has blamed the Aircard for this. We lost 5 gb of data this past week. Can there be a problem with the Aircard causing this ?

Message 1 of 4
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Our Aircard 781S has been adding to data usage without being online

Hello SImkris

Are you saying when the aircard is off you are seeing data usage on the plan go up?

DarrenM

Message 2 of 4
simkris
Aspirant

Yes I am PLUS I can watch it spin data away while watching it and not doing anything on line. It happened again today. ATT is not willing to help. They say it is the Netgear device that is having problems and it is out of warranty. This is has been ongoing for almost two years. WE have lost about 15 gb of data - two GB spun off this morning while I was trying to start my computer. No updates were loaded from other programs. I turned the device off and went to the ATT store and they again said it is the devices fault. When we turned the Netgear back on then about 1.5 GB came back. This is extremely frustrating that no one will give us a solution to why this is happening.

Message 3 of 4
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

The data usage indicator should not be used for billing purposes. You should request a detailed data usage report from AT&T to see where they are using data. Legally, AT&T have to provide this report as they are billing the customer for the usage.

DarrenM

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7