× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

R7100 lock on 4G/LTE

emr
Tutor
Tutor

R7100 lock on 4G/LTE

hi

is there a way of forcing the modem to LTE/4G, i.e. avoiding it to connect to a 3G network?  

cheers

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: R7100 lock on 4G/LTE

Hello emr 

1. Launch a web browser from a computer or mobile device that is connected to the network.

2. Type http://www.routerlogin.net. A login window opens.

3. Enter the modem router user name and password. The user name is admin. The default password is password. The user name and password are case-sensitive. The BASIC Home page displays.

4. Select the ADVANCED > Setup > Mobile Broadband Settings. The Mobile Broadband Settings page displays.

Here is the settings for the sim card.

DarrenM

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello emr 

1. Launch a web browser from a computer or mobile device that is connected to the network.

2. Type http://www.routerlogin.net. A login window opens.

3. Enter the modem router user name and password. The user name is admin. The default password is password. The user name and password are case-sensitive. The BASIC Home page displays.

4. Select the ADVANCED > Setup > Mobile Broadband Settings. The Mobile Broadband Settings page displays.

Here is the settings for the sim card.

DarrenM

Message 2 of 3
emr
Tutor
Tutor

hi

I'm sorry, my question was not precise enough. I do not have (yet) a R7100. I spare you the long description of the reason, but where I have to install it I need to force the modem to connect in 4G mode, vetoing anything else. I did not know if there was such an option in the setup and I could not find any specific information in the manual. 

thanks for the info.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7