× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Re : Telstra 810S Displaying "Detecting Service" When Connected OK

monsoon_qld
Tutor

Telstra 810S Displaying "Detecting Service" When Connected OK

I have a Telstra 810S that is showing "Detecting Service" where it would normally show "Data Left, Data Used and Days left."

This problem started after I did a reset to factory defaults.

I have done the troubleshooting with the not so knowledgable Telstra people - Taken the SIM card out, put it back in again, shut down the device, rebooted the device over and over again, and done the hokey pokey without success. I have even put a new sim in card it without any success.

The device does however WORK.
Message 1 of 5
monsoon_qld
Tutor

Re: Telstra 810S Displaying "Detecting Service" When Connected OK

Yeah I would try that but can't find firmware anywhere and I'm not sure if it's carrier specific. Also in AU we have a host of LTE - 4G, 4GX - I've got no idea how it works. Thanks, would have been worth a try.
Message 2 of 5
monsoon_qld
Tutor

In reply to the Netgear Community email asking if I got the answer I needed, the answer is No. I almost had it fixed under warranty but all I could send as proof of purchase was my credit card statement. Unfortunately the proper receipt is either hidden somewhere (I've move house since I purchased it) or lost altogether. Thanks Netgear, now I have to make a 2 hour round trip to the nearest "local" Telstra store. I hope don't have any trouble with the Nighthawk X4S I've just ordered.
Message 3 of 5
monsoon_qld
Tutor

Well, I gave it back to Telstra to be fixed. Turned it on it's still saying "Detecting Service." According to the paperwork that was returned with it, no fault was found!!!
Message 4 of 5
akido
Apprentice

Re : Telstra 810S Displaying "Detecting Service" When Connected OK

Sincerely netgear has a very poor support no updates no live chat difficult to contact them
They require a proof of purchase to be registered to my netgear support which is nonsense given that the device can be a gift not a purchase,all firms just require the serial number to get support
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7