× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Using DynDNS with LB1110

32domitech
Aspirant

Using DynDNS with LB1110

Hi all,

I'm trying to connect an external router with the WAN port to the LB1110 Modem. Connection is only working, if I let the LTE Gateway in Router Mode. As soon as I change in Bridge Mode, my PC connected to the router wont connect to the internet.

Now to the problem I tried to solve: I need to have static access to the Router i.g. via DynDNS. Thought I could take an external router that gets the IP through the LB1110 and then answers to DynDNS since the Gateway doesnt support DDNS by itself. But like I wrote this wont work. Any ideas out there?

Message 1 of 4
stevesw
NETGEAR Expert

Re: Using DynDNS with LB1110

Hi,

The LB1110 modem does not support DynDNS.

However, the modem should work in bridge mode in the configurations that you describe (either a PC connected directly to the modem or a router w/ DynDNS support placed between the PC and modem).

Note that when in bridge mode, only a single IP address is available for assignment via DHCP by the modem (this is the address assigned by the LTE network).

If you are switching cables between devices during your setup you will need to reset the modem in order to free up the DHCP lease that may have been previously assigned.

It may be that this is what is causing your setup not to work.

Steve

Message 2 of 4
32domitech
Aspirant

So you would recommend to reset the modem in order to get a working DHCP connection on the external router?

Message 3 of 4
stevesw
NETGEAR Expert

Yes, once you have the modem and router cabled up, reset the modem to ensure a DHCP lease is available for the router.

Note that I am assuming that APN setup / LTE data connection was already confirmed as working properly based on your comments about router mode.

In bridge mode, this has to be working properly in order to get an IP address from network to pass thru to router.

In router mode, even if LTE network connection not active, the router will still be able to acquire a local NAT'd IP address.

You can check the status of the LTE connection when in bridge mode from the WebUI (http://192.168.5.1).

Steve 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7