× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Will LB1120 work with Verizon LTE?

DDay2017
Aspirant

Will LB1120 work with Verizon LTE?

Will this modem work with Verizon LTE network? I am in a remote area with only SLOW dsl from land-line provider. Would like to use LTE as my only WAN access..any thoughts? TIA , David

Message 1 of 9

Accepted Solutions
Nobbley
Initiate

Re: Will LB1120 work with Verizon LTE?

It will work wth Verizon LTE, however when you try to activate a SIM card there may be some issues as the IMEI or model is still not in their database. I used a SIM card already registered to a Cell phone and it works fine.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 9

All Replies
Nobbley
Initiate

It will work wth Verizon LTE, however when you try to activate a SIM card there may be some issues as the IMEI or model is still not in their database. I used a SIM card already registered to a Cell phone and it works fine.

Message 2 of 9
DDay2017
Aspirant

Thanks for your prompt reply. As the network thinks you are a phone, do you have any missing function or performance? 

Message 3 of 9
Nobbley
Initiate

I use it mostly for machine to machine communication (M2M) and SCADA in remote locations using LogMeIn and HTML apps and it seems to work fine. As to functionality, I see no difference from using the AT&T which I have have used in another two of the LB1120.

Message 4 of 9
DDay2017
Aspirant

Thanks again. I will see if I can buy a SIM from VZ (prolly remove it from one of their mobile hotspots) and see if it will work. Will post findings here.Smiley Very Happy

Message 5 of 9
PJBeee
Aspirant

I had the very same experience. Device is working fine with SIM from a phone.
Message 6 of 9
PJBeee
Aspirant

Sorry...To be clear, I had the very same experience as Nobbley.
Message 7 of 9
DDay2017
Aspirant

Thanks for your input. So is it safe to assume that as long as the SIM device type can be found in the VZ database, it should work... Yes?

Message 8 of 9
PJBeee
Aspirant

Far as I can tell, as long as you have a valid Verizon micro-SIM, registered to any LTE-capable device acceptable to Verizon, you can then transplant that SIM into your LB1120,  apparently without issue. The problem, of course, is that you need this workaround as long as the LB1120 IMEIs are not in Verizon's database.

A NANO-SIM in MICRO-SIM adapter should also work. 

And you may not be able to register that original device again with Verizon, now that its registered SIM is in your LB1120. 

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7