× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

...another LB1120 question.

JW_Wimpy
Guide

...another LB1120 question.

Just purchased the LB1120, but haven't received it yet.  I assume it doesn't include a SIM card, but does it have an IMEI number?

Tried to sign up with Cricket (owned by AT&T) online and they insist that I provide them with the IMEI.  Their customer support person said to use the IMEI from any phone, but the only mobile phone I've got was provided by my employer and I'm reluctant to give them that number as I don't know how they might use this info.

Message 1 of 11

Accepted Solutions
stevesw
NETGEAR Expert

Re: ...another LB1120 question.

The LB1120 IMEI will be printed on the label on bottom of unit.

Steve

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 11

All Replies
stevesw
NETGEAR Expert

The LB1120 IMEI will be printed on the label on bottom of unit.

Steve

Message 2 of 11
JW_Wimpy
Guide

@stevesw

Thanks for that info and sorry for the delay in replying

-mark

Message 3 of 11
egaviria
Aspirant

Does anyone know how many wireless devices can I connect to this LTE modem?
Message 4 of 11
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

LB1120 has 1 Ethernet port on back of it so only one device can be connected directly to it however the device has two modes of operation bridge and router mode in router mode (default operation mode) you can connect a 8 port, 16 port, 24 port switch or a router which will allow you to connect lot more devices.

DarrenM

Message 5 of 11
egaviria
Aspirant

Thanks.

Now I have another problem. After a while, device turns off celullar data by itself. It is currently set in router mode connected to an Apple Time Capsule. How can it set it up in order that the internet in never disconnected?
Message 6 of 11
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello egaviria

You may want to check page 55 of the manual make sure the setting to shut off after using so much data is not on.

http://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/LB1120/LB112x_UM_EN.pdf

DarrenM

Message 7 of 11
egaviria
Aspirant

Darren

I don't see that option on page 55. Shows only options for setting limits, but nothing about turning off after a particular data usage.

Message 8 of 11
JW_Wimpy
Guide

Anyone have a source for info on using external antennas for the LB1120?

I had picked up a MIMO paddle antenna at the same time as the modem.  Tried it without, first.  Only got 1 to 2 bars.  The paddle antenna (after cycling the power, of course) didn't make a significant difference.  I toyed with it a bit, but I admit to not having seriously tried optimizing its location as the optimal location is most likely going to be inconvenient (about a 1 meter cable from the antenna to the unit, so the unit will have to go where the antenna works best).

I use the modem only at home currently and I'm considering a yagi antenna (or two?) in the attic with quality, low-loss coax down to the modem.  I look forward to finding TS-9-to-some-reasonable-connector adapters (not really).

Message 9 of 11
vronp
Guide

Any luck on the antenna front?  So far, the best looking antenna I've found is a Panaroma brand but it is pricey at around $150 and the gain at 700Mhz is only 2dbi.

All the stuff on Amazon seems to be garbage....

Message 10 of 11
JW_Wimpy
Guide

I had forgotten that people don't write things up anymore, they make videos.  Turns out YouTube was a good source of info on external antennas.  The paddle antenna is working adequately for now, I'll look into doing an attic mounted yagi in the fall when it isn't 130degF in my attic.

Message 11 of 11
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7