× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

some question about AC815S

behrooz_chz
Aspirant

some question about AC815S

i decided to buy AirCard 815S Mobile Hotspot in next few days but i have some question about it

1- most of time i want to use it with AC adaptor and remove the battery (to keep my battery away from 24h charging when use it in home and work) is this possible to work with AC power when battery is removed?

2- do this product have a memory slot to share media with users?

3-i want to buy it from best buy is this unlocked can i use it with any carrirer in the worldwide?

tanQ

Message 1 of 5
behrooz_chz
Aspirant

Re: some question about AC815S

hi dears

is there any representative of netgear to answer my questions ?

Message 2 of 5
akido
Apprentice

Re : some question about AC815S

1 :i have netgear ac 810 its possible to use it without battery when its pluggued to power i think ac 815 can also support this feature

2: netgear devices dont have memory slot but u can check their site for full specs

3: no anwser

note : the very negative aspect of netgear device is the quasi absence of regular fw updates and their very badly support

u can read this page :https://www.netgear.com/service-providers/products/mobile/mobile-hotspots/AC815S.aspx?cid=wmt_netgea...

Message 3 of 5
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Re : some question about AC815S

Hello Akido

we do not recommend using the hotspot without the battery inserted. The new battery algorithm we rolled out on AC815S does not allow usage without the battery.

AC815S does not have a memory slot so customer will not be able to purchase an SD card. Device will be carrier locked to AT&T.  

DarrenM

Message 4 of 5
behrooz_chz
Aspirant

Re: Re : some question about AC815S

Hi

as i talk to AT&T support team they sail me if you purchase a non-contract s815s (199$) you could unlock it after 2 month.

now the carrier aggregiation of my operator is 1800+2600 do 815S support this two frequencis? 

4G LTE Advanced Cat 9 + 2 x Carrier Aggregation (up to 40 MHz)
LTE: Bands 2, 4, 5, 12, 17, 29, 30
and what about 810s do this model support CA 1800+2600 ?
the raeson of use device without battery is i use it as a modem in my house and work. my question is if i don't remove the battery from device is it possible to battery be dameged beacuse continus charging (24hr charching)? 

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7