Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Baby Always listening not work properly

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
Sematwir
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hi 

I just bought an Arlo Baby camera. My baby room is bit from my sleeping rom, so I need to get information during the night to be sure to wake up. To work as a baby watcher/monitor I must use the always listening mode, because you do not wake up after a notification (It more like a short SMS). 

The problem is that the function always listening is not working properly. It works for an hour or so, but then it stops during the night. I tried with several units just to make sure it not on my side.

For example, I use a pretty powerful Ipad Air 2. The App I version 2.4.4. I think it is the app, that is it the app/server that loses the connection to the Arlo baby not the other way around. But still this is a big problem for me, because it makes it not reliable an useless for my needs.

In the beginning, I thought it was the “always sound mode” that drain the mobile unit’s battery because it died. 🙂 But when a tried with other units and now when the mobile unit is charging during the night I can see that the function is not working even if the battery manages the night. They just stop sending sound at the always listening sound stream!

The IOS The App I version 2.4.4
I have updated firmware on my Arlo baby (ABC1000r6)
1.8.0.31_13810 firmware 

My router is a just 2-3 meters from the product and is a pretty powerful ASUS RT-AC87 with latest firmware, and it work fine with all my other products.

Do you have any bug fix coming for this?!
Someone else have the same problem?

One suggestion to make this funcion better after bug fix is.. Why can you just trigger, sound push, when the sound and movement is triggered. You nearly have al the function for it already. Instead of notifications like an SMS you trigger a sound stream. Easy fixed! Please ad this function in the future. The function nearly exist it is smaller change. This function then is easy like an ordinary cheaper baby watcher/monitor and I think it will work better/stable and also it will not drain their mobile devises batteries during the night. 

3 REPLIES 3
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Sematwir,

Check your mobile device to make sure you don't have any battery optimization tools enabled that could be putting the mobile app to sleep after a period of time. This could cause an issue with the stream remaining active on your device.

JamesC

Sematwir
Apprentice
Apprentice
I already checked that, and tried with other mobile devices to.

The problem is probably in the arlo app or in the arlo baby unit.
Sematwir
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hi again

Tonight, I got the function to work for the first time and find the problem with your Arlo App and Always listening!

I have two cameras, one Arlo Baby and one Arlo Q. When I change and set the push notification for both cameras to OFF the “Always sound” stream worked al night.  The Always sound stream seems to be disturb of the sound from the notification (SMS) that may occur and loses is sound link to the Arlo Baby. It just stop!

The effect is that you lose the function to have several surveillance cameras from Netgear in the Arlo family when using this Always Listening function. For example. In my case this is really sad, because this night I had NO control over notifications triggered around my car in the garage from my Arlo Q.  

Netgear, please make shore that someone at the development department fix this issue/bug!  You have to be able as a user to have notification from several cameras and Always Listening soundstream from you Arlo Baby at the same time.

AND, I still think my idea with push soundstream is great to avoid that your batteri is drained on you mobile device. Just send sound stream to the mobile when triggered. Change the function from "Always listening" to "Listening when needed", or just make it possible to have both functions. 🙂 

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation