Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
thisjustinn
Aspirant
Aspirant

So I am on my second Arlo Baby camera. First one it would intermittently show either "the camera is disconnected to the internet please try again later" or  "Unable to play. Please try again." So I reported this to customer support and through many back and forth email, they wrote it up as a possible hardware issue and sent me a new Arlo Baby camera. The second camera came, started working "decent", meaning much less disconnection issues, however they still happened, which is unacceptable in the middle of the night not knowing that your camera has just turned off completely. I upgraded my internet as well to 4x what my download and upload speeds were with the first camera.

My questions are:

Is anybody else having the same issues and how did you or Netgear resolve these issues?

I am thinking of putting a wifi extender in the baby room. Which is about 15 feet away from the router with 1 wall and 1 doorway of interference. Has anybody tried this out to see if it would help?

Thanks in advance

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
The extender could definitely help. WiFi signal strength and quality can make a huge difference. Don't forget that the extender needs to also have a good connection so maybe position it sorta like halfway between the router and camera. Some experimentation may be needed to get the best signal to both the router and the camera.
thisjustinn
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for the reply. Any opinion on a wifi extender?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Not really - any newer extender should be fine.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

thisjustinn,

When you experience this issue. What is the LED behavior on the Arlo Baby? It sounds like this could be an issue with poor connection due to interference or range, which could be helped with the WiFi extender solution mentioned above.

For more troubleshooting tips on disconnection issues, take a look here: Arlo Support My Arlo Baby has a poor WiFi connection and the LED is blinking purple; what do I do?

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation